Onn Roku TV is a relatively new brand, launched in 2019 by Walmart as part of their Black Friday promotion.
While the TV has only been in the market for a short time, it has created a lot of buzz. Customers dissatisfied with older TV models are now looking to purchase the all-in-one Roku smart TV.
However, with an in-built Roku streaming service, setting up and activating the Onn TV will be quite different. But worry not! Below is a step-by-step guide on how to set up the smart TV then activate Roku to start streaming.
How to set up your Onn Roku TV?
After buying an Onn Roku TV, the next step is to set it up.
But first, there are a few requirements that you need:
- Your Onn Roku smart TV
- TV stand (comes with the box) or a wall bracket
- A TV remote (comes with the box)
- A fast and reliable internet connection
- A computer, smartphone, tablet, or iPad
- A few work tools (screwdriver, screws, etc.)
While setting up, it might also be a good idea to consult your Onn Roku TV manual to avoid any mistakes.
With these requirements, you can now start the setup process:
- Screw the TV stands to the TV or mount it on a wall
- Plug the TV into a power outlet
- Check to make sure that your internet connection is working
- Remove your Onn Roku TV remote and insert the batteries. You can then familiarize yourself with the remote control buttons.
- Power on your Roku Smart TV
- Follow the on-screen prompts to select the language, region (location), and where you will use the TV (home or at a store)
- With the initial set-up complete, the next step is to connect your Onn Roku TV to the internet. If using Ethernet, simply plug in the cable at the back panel of the TV.
- For a wireless connection, a list of networks will appear. Select your network and type in the password using the remote.
- If your internet connection is working, a software update will begin, where the latest software will be downloaded and installed.
Wait for the update to complete. Your TV will restart completing the setup process.
How to activate Onn Roku TV
After completing the Onn Roku TV set up, the next step is to activate your TV to access Roku and other channels. Below is a look at how to do it:
- Once your TV completes the software update and restarts, a TV activation screen will come up. On the screen, you will find the activation code you need to complete the process.
- Go to Roku.com/link on your PC or smartphone browser
- Enter the link code (activation code from your TV screen)
- If the code is correct, you will be taken to a Roku log-in page where you need to sign in to your Roku account. If you don’t have one, you will have to sign up for an account.
- Once you have logged into your account, complete the billing process then select channels you want to be added to your TV
- Your TV will start updating automatically.
- Wait for the update to complete. Navigate to your TV home screen and click channels then start streaming your favorite programs.
If this doesn’t work, here’s a Roku link code troubleshooting guide that should come in handy.
Is Onn Roku TV a good brand?
Given its new, it is understandable that you might have some concerns with Onn Roku TV. Some customers are also concerned with the fact that it is a budget TV that is way cheaper. However, that is not necessarily the case.
Onn Roku is a brand of Walmart, a reliable consumer goods brand. And while its TV might not be as high-end as other brands, it is still good enough. The TV comes with decent picture and sound quality.
It also offers a simple-to-use Roku interface with access to all Roku channels. Lastly, the fact that it is affordable makes it a good choice if you are not looking to spend much.
Onn Roku TV is a perfect option for people looking for an affordable entertainment system. The smart TV allows you to access the Roku streaming service without any need for an additional cable box or Roku device.
If you have acquired one of these TVs for yourself, the information above will help you to set up and activate it.
2 thoughts on “How to set up and activate Onn Roku TV”
I’m trying to activate discovery go but I don’t have cable. How can I activate this channel?
Follow this guide: https://streamdiag.com/activate-discovery-go/