ALLBLK, formally known as Urban Movie Channel (UMC), is an over-the-top SVOD server that streams in the USA. It is run by AMC Networks and was founded by Robert L. Johnson, the Black Entertainment founder.
ALLBLK describes itself as unapologetically Black, meaning that it streams content by black producers and stars and is directed towards a black audience.
You can expect lively stage plays, popular network TVs, black cinemas, captivating independent films, an exclusive series of originals and much more.
But before you sign up for the service, you need to know whether you are getting value for money. This is why I have listed five facts you need to know before signing up for the ALLBLK streaming service.
1. Is ALLBLK free with Amazon Prime?
ALLBLK is available for Amazon Prime subscribers at $5.99 per month.
This is in addition to the $14.99 you’ll have to part with for using Amazon Prime Video.
However, you’ll get to enjoy a 7-day free trial once you subscribe through Prime.
You may be asked for your payment details during sign-up, but you won’t be charged if you choose to cancel your subscription once the trial ends.
2. How much does it cost?
ALLBLK’s cost is $5.99 per month. You can also subscribe to the yearly plan at $59.99 and save over $10.
This is slightly lower than BET Plus, which goes at $9.99.
On the other hand, BlackOakTV goes for $4.99 monthly, while Brown Sugar and KweliTV go for $3.99 and $5.99 per month.
However, some of the above-mentioned streaming services have fewer titles and variety than ALLBLK.
3. How can I get ALLBLK TV for free?
You can get a free 7-day trial just by signing up for an account. However, you’ll have to pay once the trial period ends.
During the free trial period, you will get full access to a library of exclusive original series, must-watch independent films, thrilling stage plays, nostalgic black cinema and popular network TV, all for free.
You can sample the shows and determine whether you want to proceed with the subscription after the trial period. Here, you can also choose a monthly or yearly subscription plan that fits your interest.
Remember to cancel your plan after the free trial should you decide otherwise.
4. How can I watch ALLBLK on TV?
The streaming service is accessible on Samsung smart TV (version 2018 and newer) and other major brands, as well as Android TV.
To get the channel on Samsung TV, follow these steps;
- Launch the app store on your Samsung smart TV.
- On the list provided on your smart TV, search for ALLBLK.
- Select Add to Home to install the app.
- Sign up or Log in with your details to enjoy your favourite programs.
If you are using an older version of Samsung smart TV (version older than 2018), use the Cast feature to start streaming through these steps:
- Install the ALBLK app on your tablet, Android smartphone, iPhone or iPad.
- Log in with your ALLBLK details.
- Ensure your smart TV and iOS/Android devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Play content from the app, and then tap the Casting icon.
- Select your Samsung smart TV, which will begin displaying on your TV.
5. Where can I get ALLBLK
You can get ALLBLK services everywhere streaming services are accessible. To start, you can watch content from the ALLBLK website and mobile device apps such as Android and iOS.
You can also watch on:
- YouTube TV
- Amazon Fire
- Amazon Prime Video Channels
- Apple TV
- Apple TV Channels in the USA, Canada, and the Caribbean
- Sling TV
As the streaming service grows, more services may be added, so check out the updated list.
6. How do I contact ALLBLK customer service?
You can reach out to ALLBLK on their toll-free number, 8800.425.2522. You can also use 562.946.255.
Alternatively, you can leave a message on their Contact page.
Can I cancel my ALLBLK subscription?
As an ALLBLK user, you can cancel your subscription at any time.
To cancel your ALLBLK subscription:
- On the top-right-hand corner of the website, click on My ALLBLK.
- Click on the Manage Account icon.
- On the left side of the screen, click on Cancel Membership.
- Confirm your cancellation by clicking Cancel ALLBLK.
What ALLBLK TV shows can I watch?
ALBLK is the home of black TV content, from movies to shows to documentaries. Just like BritBox is solely dedicated to British content, ALLBLK is entirely devoted to black TV shows.
So, if you enjoy watching black films, you will find ALLBLK TV very helpful and, based on their not-so-high monthly subscription, also worth it.
Users can find new shows and episodes at ALLBLK, available for watching, streaming, downloading or renting from the library.
Some of these shows include; Double Cross, Notorious Queens, Brat Loves Judy, Covenant, Social Society, Lace, Send Help, My Mane Problem, The Mysterious Death of Eazy-E, and Super Sized Salon.