Hulu should update automatically on Fire TV Stick. Each update comes with more features and improved functionality.
Besides, keeping Hulu up to date on Fire TV Stick is the best way to keep it running smoothly and safe from external malware and bugs.
But if the app doesn’t update and you run an outdated version, you will likely encounter issues such as the app glitching or crashing.
Essentially, updates are meant to happen automatically. Sometimes though, an issue may occur that prevents it from happening, and in a case like this, you will have to update Hulu manually, which is exactly what this article will teach you to do.
How to manually update Hulu
Follow these steps to manually update Hulu on Fire TV Stick:
- Check for a notification about a pending update on the Hulu home screen. If available, click on it and follow the prompts. If not, proceed to the next step.
- Go to the Apps section.
- Scroll through the list of apps to find Hulu.
- Click on it. A list of options should appear.
- Select Update.
- Wait for the update to install.
You should now have the latest version of Hulu. You may be prompted to log in using your credentials in order to stream your favourite shows and movies.
Why hasn’t Hulu automatically updated?
Several reasons may lead to Hulu not updating automatically:
- Poor internet connection. Updates require a strong and stable internet connection to be able to install automatically.
- Insufficient storage. If there is not enough space to comfortably accommodate a new app version, then it will not update. Clear apps, files and data you are no longer using to make room for important updates.
- Your Fire Stick needs an update. Sometimes the issue is not with Hulu itself but with your Fire Stick. If the FireOS version you are using is outdated, it cannot accommodate the new versions of apps.
- Your app was not downloaded from the official store. The official app store has a mechanism that notifies the developer of new updates, so if its source is not the official one, you might miss out on the updates.
There are so many benefits to keeping your Hulu app up to date. Ensure to do this regularly, so you can enjoy all the fantastic benefits the app offers you safely and efficiently.
Apps sometimes fail to update automatically or notify you that it is time for an update, so you must check manually once in a while.