The procedure for deleting apps on your Vizio Smart TV depends on the operating system that you are using. Follow this guide.
One of the best perks of owning a smart TV is that it allows you to download several apps you might need. However, it’s easy to get carried away and fill your TV’s memory with apps you never use. This is where the ability to delete apps on a Vizio Smart TV comes in handy.
If your Vizio TV runs on the V.I.A platform, all you need to do to delete apps is:
- Press the VIA button.
- Search for the app you would like to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
In the article below, I have included several methods to delete apps on Vizio TV, regardless of the model.
How to uninstall apps on a Vizio TV (V.I.A version)
This applies to Vizio TVs that were manufactured between 2009 and 2013 that run on the V.I.A platform. Consider searching for the model number if you are not sure about the version of your TV.
Ever wondered where Vizio TVs are manufactured? We’ve researched the Vizio brand to find out who owns it and where its products are made.
With that said, you can easily uninstall an app from your Vizio smart TV through these steps:
- Press the VIA button (denoted by V) on your remote to reveal all your installed apps.
- Locate the app you want to delete and highlight it by moving the yellow box on top of it and then clicking the yellow button.
- Click Delete and then press OK.
- Confirm your action by pressing OK on the pop-up that appears.
At this point, the app should already be deleted.
Tutorial on how to uninstall apps on Vizio internet application plus (VIA +)
Vizio TVs that were manufactured after 2013 run on VIA+. If you own this version, follow the steps below to delete apps.
- Turn on your Vizio TV and press the VIA button on the remote.
- Navigate to the My apps icon and click on it.
- Scroll through all your apps until you locate the one you want to delete.
- Move the yellow box on top of it and press Uninstall.
Return to the homepage by clicking the home button icon and confirm that the app has been deleted. Sometimes, it will take a while for the app to disappear from your App list
How to uninstall apps on Vizio Smart Cast TVs
All Vizio TVs that fall under the SmartCast platform come with already downloaded apps. Therefore, you don’t have the option of installing or uninstalling anything. Apps also update automatically to the latest version.