PureFlix is a Christian film production and Distribution Company with hundreds of thousands of subscribers -a number that keeps growing.
The streaming service is popular among subscribers aiming to ‘stream clean’ and get access to thousands of faith and family-friendly movies, shows, documentaries, and so much more.
If, after subscribing to Pureflix for some time, you feel like you need to stop your subscription or shift to any of its alternatives, then you have to cancel your running subscription to prevent further charges.
This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to do it and information you might want to know before canceling.
Before canceling your PureFlix subscription
You should know the following before canceling your PureFlix subscription:
1. Can you cancel PureFlix anytime?
The answer is yes; you can cancel your PureFlix subscription anytime.
This applies whether you are still in the free trial period or have been subscribed for some time.
2. Can you get a refund from PureFlix?
Unfortunately, you won’t get a refund when you cancel your PureFlix subscription.
Your PureFlix subscription is based on access rather than viewing. So whether you have used your account or not, once you make a payment, you cannot get that money back, even for partially used periods.
However, once you cancel your subscription, you will continue to have access to all the premium benefits until the end of the current billing period.
Can you put your PureFlix subscription on hold?
There is no way to pause or hold your subscription once you have made a payment.
As previously mentioned, you will continue to have access for the entire billing period.
How to cancel PureFlix
You need to cancel your PureFlix subscription to avoid getting charged automatically at the beginning of a new billing period.
There are several ways to cancel your subscription. The method you choose is dependent on the platform you used to subscribe.
1. Cancel PureFlix on your phone
To cancel PureFlix on your phone browser:
- Open PureFlix on your browser and sign in to your account.
- Tap on the Menu, which are the three horizontal lines on the upper left corner of your screen.
- Go to your profile, choose My account, and then select General.
- Select Membership, a list of options will appear, and you will then select the Cancel my membership option.
The same procedure applies if you are canceling PureFlix on your iPhone. Again, open Safari, and follow the same steps. The only thing that may vary is the positions of certain items.
You’ve now managed to cancel your PureFlix subscription.
2. Cancel PureFlix on Roku
When you sign up for the PureFlix channel directly through your Roku device, you are more conveniently billed directly through your Roku account. Likewise, you’ll have to cancel PureFlix through a Roku device or the official website.
Unfortunately, you will have to cancel PureFlix now through Roku, either via your Roku device or by visiting the Roku website.
To cancel PureFlix using your Roku device, follow these steps:
- On the Roku home screen, highlight the PureFlix channel icon.
- Press the * button on your Roku remote, and then choose Manage membership and click OK.
- Choose Cancel Membership from the list of options that comes up and then press OK.
If you want to use the website instead, then do this:
- Open my.roku.com and sign in to your account.
- Select Welcome and then select My account.
- Select Manage My Membership and then proceed to follow the steps to unsubscribe from your PureFlix membership
Your subscription has now been canceled.
3. Cancel PureFlix on your PC
From your computer, follow the following steps:
- Launch PureFlix on your browser and sign in.
- Hover your cursor over the silhouette icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- When the pop-up menu appears, click on My Account and then look for the Membership option and click on it.
- Scroll down and select the Cancel My Membership option.
You’ve managed to cancel your subscription.
Now that you’ve canceled your PureFlix subscription, you can check out other Christian streaming services that offer a variety of family-friendly movies and TV shows. The most notable ones include Crossflix and RightNow Media.